Riddles and tricky questions can be fun — or they can be the bane of your existence. Still, they’re a good workout for your brain.
Now, let’s challenge your brain by these tricky questions!
1. You’re running in a race. You’re almost at the finish line when you pass the competitor in second place! What place are you now in?
2. There are 12 apples in a barrel. If you take away 5, how many do you have?
3. On a farm, there are 30 cows in a field, and 20 ate chickens. How many didn’t?
4. A rooster lays an egg on the roof of the hen house. The roof has a 45-degree slant. In what direction does the egg roll?
The answer will be given below:
1. You would be in the 2nd place. You thought first place, right? Well, you passed the guy in second place, not first.
There must be 7 apples in the barrel and 5 apples left with you.
Number of apples left
It is given that there are 12 apples in a barrel. If we take away 5 then how many apples are left.
If we talk about how many apples are left in the barrel, then the same can be derived by subtracting 5 from 12 i.e.
Number of apples left in barrel = 12 – 5 = 7 apples
But if we take the second view that how many apples are left with you, then the answer will be 5 i.e. the number of apples you took away from the barrel
The answer is:
You’re probably now sitting there now feeling really confused, so carry on reading to find out exactly why that’s the answer.
4. Doesn’t roll, because it’s a rooster