Silence holds immense power. When we learn to still the mind, we are able to create what we want in life instead of reacting impulsively because of a restless mind.
Silence helps us understand ourselves and tune in to our inner wisdom and creativity. When we are with people, silence can help us be present and connect with others. When we are stuck or confused, silence brings us enormous insights.
1. “Silence at the proper season is wisdom, and better than any speech.” – Plutarch
2. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.” – Josh Billings
4. “True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit. What sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.” – William Penn
5. “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” – Elbert Hubbard
6. “Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise.” – Frank Ocean
7. “Through the portals of silence, the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
8. “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature — trees, flowers, grass — grows in silence; see the stars, the moon, and the sun, how they move in silence. We need silence to be able to touch souls.” – Mother Teresa
9. “Sticks and stones are hard on bones aimed with angry art. Words can sting like anything but silence breaks the heart.” – Phyllis Mcginley
10. “Silence is the great teacher, and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence. The great Sufi poet Rumi wrote, Only let the moving waters calm down, and the sun and moon will be reflected on the surface of your being.” – Deepak Chopra
11. “To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.” – Abraham Lincoln
12. “I often regret that I have spoken; never that I have been silent.” – Publilius Syrus
13. “Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence.” – Spanish Proverb
It’s not healthy to talk without reason. Speak when you can bring peace, wisdom, or love to the people in front of you.
14. “Silence is foolish if we are wise, but wise if we are foolish.” – Charles Caleb Colton
15. “Everything that’s created comes out of silence. Thoughts emerge from the nothingness of silence. Words come out of the void. Your very essence emerged from emptiness. All creativity requires some stillness.” – Wayne Dyer