Loyalty is one of those values that run in the background of our daily lives but without which we struggle to live meaningfully. Why is loyalty important? First of all, loyalty is the foundation of all our personal and professional relationships, and secondly, loyalty enables us to gain a sense of confidence and trust in the people around us and in our environment.
Check out these quotes that reflect upon loyalty in new and surprising ways.
1. A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be. Winnie The Pooh
2. Friendship at first sight, like love at first sight, is said to be the only truth. Herman Melville
3. Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. Eleanor Roosevelt
4. A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have. Irish Proverb
5. A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth. Charles Darwin
6. The friendship which can cease has never been real. St. Jerome (This is one of my favorite friendship quote. Leave a reply here and let me know what’s yours!)
7. Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends. Virginia Woolf Click to tweet
8. The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple? Eugene Kennedy
9. Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over. Octavia Butler
10. Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit. Kahlil Gibran
11. Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world. Eleanor Roosevelt