ONE DAY I DECIDED TO QUIT
I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality… I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
“God”, I asked, “Can you give me one good reason not to quit?”.
His answer surprised me…
“Look around”, He said. “Do you see the fern and the bamboo?
“Yes”, I replied.
“When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth.
Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. In the second year, the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said.
“In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit.
The Suitcase – a meeting with GOD!
A man d-i.e.d, when he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand.
– God said: Alright son its time to go.
– Surprised the man responded: Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans…
– I’m sorry but its time to go.
– What do you have in that suitcase? the man asked.
– God answered: Your belongings.
– My belongings? you mean my things, my clothes, my money?
– God answered: Those things were not yours, they belonged to the earth.
– Is it my memory? the man asked.
– God answered: those never belonged to you they belonged to Time
– Is it my talent?
– God answered: those were never yours, they belonged to the circumstances.
– Is it my friends and family?
– God answered: I’m sorry they were never yours, they belonged to the path.
– Is it my wife and son?
– God answered: They were never yours, they belonged to your heart.
– Is it my body?
– God answered: that was never yours, it belonged to the dust.
– Is it my soul?
God answered: No that is mine.
Full of fear, the man took the suitcase from god and opened it just to find out the suitcase was empty.
– With a tear coming down his cheek the man said: I never had anything???
– God answered: that is correct, every moment you lived were only for yours. You never lived for somebody who is not related to you in any way.
Do something for other people who can’t return the favor back to you. Life is just a moment. A moment that belongs to you.
– Live Now
– Live your life
– Don’t forget to be happy and make others happy, as that is the only thing that matters.
– Material things and everything else that you fought for staying here.
– YOU CAN’T TAKE ANYTHING