Grief is intensely personal, and yet it is a life experience that affects so many of us. Though the pain may never leave us, it can be possible to find a perspective that helps bring us comfort. And we are far from alone in our sadness or in the search for hope after loss.
1. It takes an incredible amount of strength and courage to work your way through grief, to make sense of life again, and to carry on living and moving forward.
2. When you turn your grief into remembrance, you are magnifying the life of the loved ones you lost and allowing other people to get to know them in some way.
3. Grief is a painful place to be in. You simply cannot force it out of your heart by doing everything but grieve. Whatever you do, grief will always be with you. Until you just have no choice but to deal with it and carry on with your life.
4. There is no proper way to grieve. You can choose to handle your grief in a way that feels right to you. A broken heart is a broken heart, and you just have to take it as it comes.
5. You never really get over the death of someone you love. You simply get through it.
6. Grief is like the ocean that comes and goes in waves. Sometimes you have a good idea how strong it will be because you can see it coming from a distance. Other times you have no idea there’s one coming, and it can knock the wind out of you.
7. There is beauty in your despair. You just need to know where to look.
8. Tears are not a sign of weakness. They are symbols of unimaginable grief and incredible love.
9. No one can travel this road of grief for you. You must travel it yourself.