Psychology is more and more developed every day. People seem to be very interested in reading about psychology especially in the part of psychology that deals with revealing personality types. There are many surveys and quizzes on the internet which are supposed to reveal what personality type you are.
According to the latest surveys, the rarest personality type is INFJ with only two percent worldwide. Psychologists say that people with this personality type are intuitive, mysterious and emotionally intelligent.
The INFJ personality type was revealed back in the 1940`s by Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers. They used a so-called Myers-Biggers test which task was to assess the person in four different categories: Intuition over Sensing, Feeling over Thinking, Perceiving over Judging and Intuition over Sensing. According to this test, INFJ`s are people who are Intuitive, Introvert, Feeling, and Judging.
These people are usually in shadow in the society because they are introvert and incommunicative. This means that you won’t easily notice them, but once you do you will be lucky to have them around you because they are great friends and colleagues, hard workers and extraordinary leaders.
The following 16 sings are indicators that someone is an INFJ personality type:
1. They’re empathic and “simply know” things. In addition, they have a great sense of intuition. They can see, within seconds of meeting someone, their genuine character.
2. They favor long-term relationships. Once they connect with someone they want to be with that person for a lifetime. Usually, people that attract them are intuitive extroverts because they find a good connection with them.
3. They’re great thinkers. They enjoy reflecting on deep thoughts about their purpose as well as the world around them. They’re old-souls that spend too much time looking for the meaning behind anything, which happens to them. They’re usually intellectuals, readers, and researchers that genuinely enjoy learning.
4. Their good side is logic. In addition to their emotional side is the logical side which makes a wonderful combination. They hate fake people and things, they would rather have one good friend than a hundred fake.
5. They hate small talk. To them, small talk does take energy and have little purpose as it just fills silence and does not reveal any deeper layer of the people involved. So, don’t talk to them about the weather or other people. You can tell them about the wish-list of your soul, or how you smile whenever you smell a rose as it does remind you of your grandmother.
6. They are extraordinary. They simply aren’t like the other people, their thoughts are different and this often makes them feel lonely and isolated.
7. They’re “fixers” and gravitate towards those that need help. They love a good fixer-upper. Also, due to their genuine intentions and motives, and their ability to see the “good bones” of others, these people readily provide compassion and comfort towards others.
8. They’re visionaries that typically see the big picture. Additionally, they’re skilled planners as well as always focus on the end goal and what’s necessary to propel them there. But, while they’re off in dreamland about their futures, they might forget to be present in the world that’s currently taking place.
9. They typically make decisions based on insight and emotion. Moreover, they judge the people as well as the world around them based off of the way they make them feel. They don’t care about performance history and track records, instead, they pay attention to how someone treats them personally. They’re also highly intuitive and trust their “gut feeling” about anything.
10. They’re people-pleasers and high-achievers. In case you want something done immediately, you should hand it over to these people. They’ll plan all details down to the minute. But, if you want to criticise them, you should do it carefully, because they take each word to heart. They’re a unique mix of a doer and a dreamer, but they’re more likely to develop depression or anxiety.
11. They eventually look for genuine meaning and truth. These people don’t pay attention to extravagant gestures or grandiose tales in case there isn’t a genuine and true motive behind them. They’re able to instantly detect a half-truth or lie. In case they think someone is a manipulator or a phony, they’ll write them off. These people usually enjoy experiences, traveling, and adventures that promote self-reflection and heighten their comprehension of the intricacies of life.
12. They have positive energy. They are cheerful and positive and people around them always feel good in their presence. They feel that they can trust INFJ`s which is the reason why they very often share their secrets, dreams, and fears with them.
13. They want to foster change in society and have particular ideas about the world. These are actually intense and deep-seated beliefs, which they’ll not abandon. In case a law, career, or relationship doesn’t align with their moral compass, they won’t have any qualms about overlooking it.
14. They want to work alone and only have a few friends. Even though they may have many acquaintances, in case they call someone a “friend,” INFJs really mean it for life. They’re devoted and loyal to their close friends, regardless of how much time passes between their interactions. They want to work in a quaint office with a few like-minded colleagues or to work from home. They may be a good team player but the notion of collaboration meetings and group projects often makes them sink down in their seat.
15. Although those that aren’t close to them think them to be extroverts, they’re actually introverts. It happens as they may be social chameleons and may blend in each social setting. People close to them know that they prefer barbecues over balls, and bars over clubs, and may give a speech to many people but cringe at the notion of mingling with the crowd afterward. In order to “recharge their batteries,” they often retreat home for a while.
16. They are excellent narrators. INFJ`s are good with words and language. As we mentioned several times before they are very emotional, but at the same time, it is difficult for them to express their feelings aloud. Thus, the best way for them to say how they feel is with paper and pen. This characteristic makes them great writers recognized around the world.