Losing your parents is something awful. It does not matter whether you are young or older. It is a terrible event in life that takes you into adulthood in a second. You may try to prepare yourself and imagine what you will do when it happens. Their expectations, however, may be completely incorrect.
No one can prepare you for this dreadful event, because every person experiences it differently. Suddenly you will know what you have lost. His wisdom, love and protection are gone. Here are some of the things you should expect after a loss of a parent.
1. You will start to appreciate the family values that they have thought you. You will try to incorporate them in your life and the life of your family even though they may seem strict to others. You will be grateful and a better person through the values you learned from your parents.
2. You will always remember the time you spent with your parents. The memories will never fade away.
3. After you lose your parents, the thought of that may even make you physically sick for a long time.
4. You would feel immense sorrow if your children had not met your parents. You know that your children would love their grandparents and they would love their grandchildren as well.
5. You will not understand people who say bad things about their alive parents. You wish yours were still here.
6. The sadness will never go away. Even after several years have passed, you will still cry.
7. You will be jealous and jealous of people who have spent time with their parents. A little luck comes from the good times of your life.
8. Even after 10 years, you will take your phone to tell them about something exciting. Then, you will realize that they are no longer here.
9. Father’s day, Mother’s day, Christmas, Thanksgiving and birthdays will be lonelier. Especially, when you see photos on social media of happy families during the holidays.
10. You may discover some of your parents’ secrets when going through their stuff or when meeting with some old friends. These secrets may be funny, embarrassing or unsettling. Don’t think about them too much.
Your parents’ death will change you forever. However, you will become a better parent and start making more memories with your children.